Consider this. You love to do video screencasts about your product or blog and have a very active YouTube channel. In addition to your own videos, you want to showcase videos made by other people on your YouTube channel in the sidebar, so that your channel subscribers are exposed to more useful content and interesting videos from your industry.
Unfortunately, YouTube has no support for adding external or internal links to your channel module. To make it clear, there is no way to add an HTML widget on your YouTube channel so that you can manually list links, blog posts or maybe other similar videos uploaded by other YouTube users.
If you want to make your YouTube channel more interesting and engaging, consider adding videos from other channels on your YouTube channel. This will engage your existing subscribers because you are helping them discover interesting content and videos that they already enjoy. Another advantage here is that you don’t have to create the same video tutorial yourself, if it has been already created by another YouTube user. You can simply add a link of any video on your YouTube channel and link to that video from your existing video using YouTube annotations.
There are two ways to do it – use the favorites and playlists feature on your YouTube channel and show any video on your channel as long as it is not unlisted.
Use YouTube Favorites To Showcase Anyone’s Video On Your YouTube Channel
1. Login to your YouTube account, click “Settings” and go to your account privacy section. Scroll down and select “Favorites” under profile and activity settings and click “save changes”.
Here, you are changing your YouTube favorites to public so that anyone can see those videos on your YouTube channel, homepage and linked sites. If you have earlier bookmarked some private videos on YouTube and don’t want to share them on your channel, it is recommended to first remove them from your favorites and then change your YouTube account privacy settings to “Public”.
2. Next, go to your channel and switch to the “videos and playlists” tab. Here, select the “my favorites” and “playlists” option under “which content you want to display to your channel subscribers”
If you have created multiple playlists but want to show only selected playlists on your YouTube channel, select the desired ones from the playlist selection pane. Should you want to show an existing playlist of another user on your YouTube channel, make a copy first.
Now browse to your YouTube channel and you should see two new tabs have been added. The first one will be favorites while the second one will be playlists.
Also read: YouTube video seo tips
Here are some tips you should know, if you are planning to show videos from other users and channels on your YouTube account:
1. Add interesting videos that engage your subscribers: Don’t add anything that is completely bizarre and irrelevant to the content and videos uploaded by you. Why?
Because when you start adding random stuff on your channel, you will start losing credibility and trust from your subscribers. It is really important to do one thing well, rather than doing multiple things badly.
2. Add short videos with strong focus: Nobody loves boring long videos that are 15 minutes in length. Add short and interesting videos which you enjoy and think would serve value to your subscribers or readers.
3. Group similar videos using playlists: Web users have a very short attention span so save their time and group all the PowerPoint presentations as one playlist. Similarly, it’s a good idea to group all the videos that are related to Microsoft Excel as another playlist.
This will make life easy for your readers and channel subscribers, as they will be able to download all the videos of a YouTube playlist for offline viewing.
4. Say no to promotional spam and friend requests: When your channel gets a good number of subscribers and viewership, you will get tons of friend requests on YouTube that are nothing but spam. People will start sharing random videos with you and they will send you a private message asking you to add their video to your channel and playlists
Of course, you should not respond to these requests as this will make your channel another super market where everything is available without any focus as such. You might want to read our earlier tutorial on allowing multiple people to upload videos to your YouTube channel