If you maintain multiple email accounts and want to quickly check for new mail without any logins, Gmailnotifier would be immensely useful. It can give sound and tray notifications at your desktop when you receive new emails at your Gmail or Google apps account.
This little utility can check up to 5 Gmail or Google apps account for new emails and if you have a new mail, it gives you desktop alerts. The alerts include pop up notifications as well as a custom sound alert.
You can read email headers and the body of the message right from the Gmail notifier window itself. Other features include : Deleting a message, marking it as read etc.
The only thing : You can’t reply to an email using Gmail notifier.
Gmailnotifier works with Windows Xp, Vista and Windows 7.
There can be some typical cases of email management from desktop in case you have multiple email accounts :
1. I have multiple Gmail and google Apps account. How do i get new mail notifications from desktop ?
A : Use the Gmailnotifier tool to get instant desktop notifications of newer emails.
2. I want to get new mail notifications as Rss Feeds ( e.g Google reader, Feeddemon). Is that Possible ?
A : Yes, you can get email notifications as Rss feeds in your preferred news reader. Read how to get emails as Rss feed and save time.
3. I want to get desktop alerts for newer mails and want to reply to a message without opening the browser. I don’t like using Outlook or Thunderbird or any other email clients. Is there any alternative ?
A : Try Digsby. It is way more than just email. You get desktop notifications of new mails and can reply to a message from desktop itself. It also includes IM, Facebook, Twitter etc. Read the detailed guide on using digsby.
4. I use Google talk all day long and want to get Email notifications for Multiple email accounts.
A : You always have Google talk IM running and wished if that can act for newer mail notifications for multiple email accounts. To do that, you need to link multiple Gmail or Google apps accounts and receive all the emails in one email account. Now sign in to Google talk with this email account and you can receive desktop notifications of multiple email accounts.
5. I want a complete desktop tool for managing multiple email accounts. What’s the best tool available ?
A : If you want a complete desktop tool to manage multiple email accounts and also want to read emails while you are offline, use Microsoft outlook and add all your Gmail or google apps accounts.
Which desktop tools you use to get desktop notifications of newer mails ?