Nowadays, computer gaming has been upgraded significantly. Modern computer games have a standard feature called ‘Multiplayer’ that lets multiple friends to be connected and play the same being on the same team or against each other. That is awesome and much better than playing against bots those use the same tactics and kill the real fun of gaming. However, when you are playing an action or strategical game with your friends, and you have created a team, you must have to be connected in real-time with your team mates while playing the same. Skype or other online IM services are well documented nowadays, but here is a tool that is mainly designed for gamers. Introducing Discord that will let you chat with friends all the times while playing a game on the computer.
Discord – Best Free Chat App for Gamers
Discord is a freely available application available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. Windows users must have Windows 7 or higher version to install this app. Talking about the user interface, the UI is quite same as Slack – the online chatting app. That means, all the channels or your group of friends will be visible on the left-hand side. In the middle, you can manage the chat or the conversations. On the right-hand side, you can find all the members of a group. This is also possible to determine the current status of your connected friends.
The best part of this tool is you can connect your Discord account with some other social media platforms. In other words, if you want to live stream your game, you can certainly do so with the help of Discord. To be more specific, you will get the following functionalities in this app,
- IP and DDoS protection: This is imperative to keep your conversations safe, and Discord can handle that very well.
- This app does support browsers like Google Chrome and Opera Mini.
- You can find the window of this over a gaming window. That means you do not have to minimize the game to contact with someone while playing it.
- It comes with some keyboard shortcuts those will let you do certain tasks all the times.
- Start Push Notifications can assist you to get all the notifications from your friends or conversations.
- You can also control the chat volume as per the user.
- You can connect with multiple groups or channels at the same time, and this is also possible to chat with them at the same time.
According to the developers of Discord, it uses minimum CPU, which is crucial for a gaming PC to get a smooth user experience. On the other hand, you can get better performance even if you do not have a gaming PC build.
This is needless to mention that you can also do voice chat using this app apart from text chat. Voice chatting is what gamers need since this is not possible to type the whole text while controlling your avatar in the game.
The mobile app of Discord will let you connect with your friends all the times even if you are not in front of your computer.
Considering all the features, Discord seems very useful and free option for gamers to chat with other people with ease. As this app is completely free, you can certainly try this out.