Desktop Background Slideshow is a inbuilt utility in Windows 7, that lets you select multiple pictures as desktop backgrounds at a time. Those pictures will be rotated as your desktop background automatically as often as you want. That means you won’t have to change the wallpaper every time you get bored with it.
There are two ways to do this task. They are discussed in the following sections.
How to use Desktop Background Slideshow from the Desktop
1. Right-click on your desktop & then click Personalize.
2. Go to Desktop Background.
3. The window looks somewhat like the screenshot below. Refer the screenshot for the settings.
4. In the Picture Location dropdown select the folder which contains the pictures that you want as your desktop background. All the images in the folder can be previewed in the preview section.
5. Now if you want all the images in it, press Select All button or else manually select some of them by checking the boxes beside the image previews.
6. In the Picture Position dropdown you can also set the Image position to any of the four below
7. Now comes the most important part, where you can define how often you want those images to be rotated or changed. In the Change picture every dropdown list select the duration. The minimum value you can set is 15 minutes.
8. All things done just press Apply & then OK.
TIP : Well now that its obvious that the wallpaper will get changed automatically from now on, you can also override the change i.e if you just want to set the next image(in the list) as the desktop background, just right-click on the desktop & select Next Desktop Background Picture.
Use Desktop Background Slideshow from the folder that contains the images
You can also select the images which you want as your desktop background from the folder(that contains the images) directly. For this
1. Browse to the Folder that contains the images.
2. Now holding down the CTRL key multi-select the images or just press CTRL + A to select all of them.
3. Right-click on any of the selected images & select Set as Desktop Background.
4. The only glitch is that you cannot assign all the other properties like the time interval, Image positioning by this procedure. For that you have use the first procedure again. But once you start the previous process you will get to see that all the previous images are already selected so you will have to define the other attributes only.
That’s all for now, enjoy a new wallpaper all the time. Share this with your friend & feel free to share your experience with our readers via comments. Thanks & bye for now.