I have been using the older Google Analytics code for long, but changed the code quite recently. The result is faster performance of my blog and more accurate visitor data.
Why Switch to The Asynchronous Google Analytics Code
The most important reason for using Asynchronous code of Google Analytics is that it improves your blog’s overall loading time. If you website uses a lot of scripts or rich media content, you must change your Google Analytics code to Asynchronous mode.
Here are the main benefits of Google Analytics new code:
- Better data collection and accuracy
- Reduces the loading time to a great extent.
For example: Switching to the new Asynchronous code improved this site’s loading time by 0.8 seconds. I know this isn’t going to make a huge difference but as you know, in the internet – every millisecond counts.
Note: You can continue using the existing Analytics code if you want, both codes would work the same way.
How to Find Google Analytics Asynchronous code
To find the improved Analytics code, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Google Analytics account and click “Analytics settings” from the left top of the screen. Then click “Edit” next to the website profile whose code you want to change.
Find The Google Analytics Asynchronous Code
2. In the next page, click “Check Status”
Switch to the Google Analytics Asynchronous Code
3. In the next page, copy the code and paste it just above the ending head tag (</head>) in your site’s template.
More Tips on Google Analytics: