Facebook lets you create photo albums, upload photos and share the photos with your friends or anyone else. But if you want to make your Facebook photos private and allow only selected people to view certain albums, here is a complete guide.
Some of your photos may be publicly viewable and you may have no clue who can see those photo albums. You might not know whether a particular person can view some, if not all of your photo uploads.
How to Make Selected or All your Facebook Photos Private
1. First copy your Facebook profile link and log out from your Facebook account. Open your Facebook profile and check whether the photos are publicly viewable or not.
2. Log in to your Facebook account and select “privacy settings” from the top right dropdown menu.
2. This will open the privacy settings page of your Facebook profile. From this page, you can control which applications and websites connect with your account, update your contact information and set the privacy level for selected photos.
Click “Profile information” link and continue to the next step.
3. In the next page, go to the photos and video section and choose “Customize” from the dropdown menu as shown below:
Now you can choose a generic setting for all your photo albums.
For example: You can choose “only friends” option from the above dropdown menu and this will allow only your friends to view your Facebook album pictures. To ban selected people from viewing your photos, select “Customize” and enter the name of the person as shown below:
You can share the photo albums with everyone, friends, friends of friends or use the customization feature to hide photos from selected friends on Facebook.
How to Choose A Different Privacy Setting For Each Facebook Photo album
Suppose you want a different level of privacy for each album. There is one album which you want to share with everyone and there is another which you want to keep private -which means only a selected group of people can view it. Here are the steps involved to select custom settings for selected photo albums:
1. On the privacy settings page, select “Edit settings” from the Photo albums section.
2. This will open all your photo albums and you can set a custom level of privacy for selected albums as shown below: