If you are a Google Chrome user and always wondered how you can sync Google Chrome tabs across multiple computers, here is some help.
TabRocket is a brilliant chrome extension which allows you to send a group of tabs directly to another computer without having to copy paste URL’s or bookmark them. This is very useful when you are using more than one computers at your workplace and need to shutdown one computer immediately.
Following are the steps to enable tab synching in Google Chrome:
1. First enable bookmark sync in both computers from Chrome > Options > Personal Stuff >Sync
2. Install Tabrocket in both computers running Google Chrome.
3. Open Google Chrome from computer 1 and go to the extension options. Enter a name for this computer, this name will be used to identify the system from other computers.
4. Repeat the same procedure for the other computer, go to the extension options and set a unique name so that you can send a group of tabs from another computer.
5. You are all done, now whenever you want to sync Google Chrome tabs from one computer to another – simply hit the small rocket icon placed next to the chrome address bar. Then choose the name of the computer and bingo !
All the tabs will be immediately sent over to the other computer, provided you have enabled bookmark sync, installed the extension and chrome is running. This is a very nice way to transfer tabs across any computer you want, there is no need to copy or bookmark all the URL’s one by one.
Thank you Lifehacker.