Best Camera Apps for Android to Capture Better Photo
Android is an awesome platform for mobile and if you spend few dollars, you can get a great camera along with your mobile. Nowadays everyone is looking for a better camera – mainly selfie camera. If you use the default Camera app, you might get a good photograph. However, if you want to get most out of your camera, you need to use these camera apps for Android.
Best Camera Apps for Android
1] Snap Camera
Snap Camera is one of the best third-party camera app for Android that is available for Android 4.0 or later version. However, there is a FREE version as well as a PAID version and the PAID version will cost you around $1.99. it comes with some awesome features such as:
- Colour and Contrast (if supported by the hardware).
- Silent Shutter
- Burst Mode
- Self Timer
- Stable Shot
- Panorama mode
- Flash mode
- Grid lines
- Fast picture mode
- Additional Settings
On the other flip side, you will get these options as well:
- Picture and Video Size
- Scene mode
- Self Timer delay
- Burst Mode settings
- Time Lapse
- Still and Video Focus Modes
- JPEG Quality
- Scene Detection
- Video Bitrate, Format and Codec
- Audio Settings
Apart from that, Snap Camera comes with some other functionalities including:
- You can see what effects will be applied and undo an effect at any time from the history menu
- Share an image with any other app such as Facebook or Google+ by clicking on the share icon
- Create panoramas by selecting the panorama icon (Android 4.0 and above)
- Fast picture mode instantly captures photos at the preview resolution.
- Capture still snapshots during video recording (if supported)
- Use the volume buttons to focus and take a picture or zoom
- Auto torch mode for low light video recording
- Use the advanced video settings to record video in resolutions not allowed by other cameras.
- Stable shot mode only takes a photo when the camera is completely still
2] Open Camera
If you install Open Camera app for Android, you can find only options full of your screen. No matter whether you want to capture a single photograph or multiple images, you can certainly do both with the help of this simple camera app for Android. One thing you should keep in mind that you should understand all the options before started using this app. Talking about available options and features, you will get these:
- Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
- Expose your camera’s functionality: support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, torch, antibanding.
- Video recording (including HD, taking photos while recording video, time lapse).
- Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
- Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command “cheese”.
- Configurable volume keys.
- Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
- Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
- Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video. Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
- Choice of save folder (including support for Storage Access Framework).
- Disable shutter sound.
- Overlay a choice of grids and crop guides.
- Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera), includes support for “screen flash”.
- Support for (some) external microphones.
- Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
- Support for HDR (with auto-alignment and ghost removal) and Exposure Bracketing.
If you take selfie a lot and use a third-party tool to give some professional touches, you can check out this free app on your Android mobile. BeautyPlus is one of the best one-stop solution for selfie maniacs. It doesn’t matter whether you want to edit single selfie or one hundred selfies, you can certainly give this app a try. Regarding the features, you will get these:
- Beauty camera adds a radiant complexion for perfect face and selfie pictures
- Retouch skin tone using our exclusive skin smoothing makeover tool
- Blemish remover lets you make pimples and other skin problems disappear with just a tap
- Erase bags and dark circles beneath your eyes
- Brighten eyes and make them pop in photos
- Edit eye color to match your hair color and hairstyle using custom contacts
- Beauty editor with teeth whitening brings out the natural beauty in your smile
- Take a perfect selfie with a clean smile every time
- Blur: Selfies instantly take on a professional look with a quick blur. Just swipe to apply the effect!
- Crop: The perfect selfie and photo is just one crop away! Tap to resize and trim
- Photo Filters: From the romantic to the dramatic, we have dozens of special filters to make your selfies and pictures pop
- Perfect lighting even in the darkest locations. Low light? No problem! BeautyPlus automatically adjusts exposure
Retrica is available for Android 2.3.3 or later version and you can install this app for getting the most out of your mobile camera. Not only just capture but also the editing portion is great and that is why it has downloaded more than 10 crore times right from Google Play Store. The user interface of Retrica is pretty good and you should not find any complicated option to get started with this tool. Talking about features, you will get these following options:
- Beautiful camera filters for any occasion
- Multiple different looks
- Easy Instant Collage
- Fun stickers, stamps, doodles, and more!
The best thing is Retrica has a community full of photographers and hence, you can connect with them. If you like any photographer, you can connect with him/her and send him/her a private message.
That’s all! If you like to get a third-party camera app, you should try these. Although many manufacturers have been including more options in their inbuilt camera app, you should try something new so that you can get most out of your inbuilt camera.