If you want to find the apps that run on Windows startup, you need to open the Startup folder. This Startup folder in Windows 10 contains all the shortcuts of apps those start automatically during Windows boot up. However, do you know the location of Startup folder in Windows 10? If no, you can try out this method to open Startup folder in Windows 10 for all users as well as the current user.
How do I find Startup folder in Windows 10?
If you are looking for the answer to these questions:
- Where is my Startup folder?
- Where is the Start Menu folder in Windows 10?
You can find the answer here.
Location of Startup folder in Windows 10:
There are two different Startup folders in Windows 10. One Startup folder is common for every user account you have on your computer. Another Startup folder can be changed based on the user account you are currently using.
Location of Startup folder in Windows 10 for the current user
- At first, unhide all the hidden folders in Windows 10 and navigate to this path:
- Do not forget to replace the your_username with your username. If you do not know the username, you can find that in the C:\Users folder.
If you do not want to navigate to such long path and instead want to open the Startup folder quickly, you can use this following method.
- Step 1: Press Win + R to open the Run prompt.
- Step 2: Enter this text: shell:startup and hit the Enter button.
It will open the same Startup folder.
Location of Startup folder in Windows 10 for All users
For any reasons, if you want to locate Startup folder for All users in Windows 10, here is where you can find that.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to this path:
Here you can find all the app shortcuts those run at Windows startup.
In case you do not want to navigate to that path, follow this second method.
- Step 1: Press Win + R to open Run prompt.
- Step 2: Enter this command: shell:common startup and hit the Enter button.
That’s all! This is how you can find Startup folder in Windows 10.
Difference between Startup folder for the current user and All users
The main difference is the Startup folder for All Users can be found from any user account, but the Current User’s Startup folder can be found only from the user account that you are currently using. There are few apps those start automatically no matter which user account you use. Those apps get stored in the Startup folder for All Users.