There are situations when you suddenly remember that there were couple of important folders in your computer or external hard drive which contained precious photos and you have accidentally deleted those folders from your hard drive.
I have had to face this situation more than once while I was cleaning up my hard drive before a system format. I forgot to backup the “My documents” folder and the “My Pictures” folder which contained some of my very memorable moments and since I permanently deleted those files, I wasn’t able to recover accidentally deleted photos immediately. However, there is a solution using which you can recover deleted photos without having to lose them forever.
There are other situations when your external hard drive or a USB drive or your phone’s SD card which contained the photos or images, becomes corrupt and unusable. There is no way to use the disk anymore and copy the files to a safe location which you can access. You know the files are still there but since the hard drive has been corrupted, there is no way to recover the files even if you have not explicitly deleted them.
The solution is to use a Photo recovery software which recovers lost photos, pictures or images from your computer’s hard drive, USB drives or external hard disks. It does not matter where you stored the files because there can be situations when you will completey forget the location where the photos folder was saved and may end up deleting it (God forbid!). In these cases, simply plug in all the devices into your computer, run the data recovery software which recovers accidentally deleted photos and you should be able to run an immediate photo recovery without facing any further issues.
In this tutorial, I am going to review EaseUS Photo recovery software and how you can use it to recover deleted photos and pictures from your computer’s hard drive. We have previously reviewed EaseUS Partition master and Ease US data recovery wizard features before, be sure to check them out as well (very useful tools for day to day recovery tasks when things go otherwise)
- Download Ease US data recovery software from this page. Ease US data recovery wizard is available for both Windows and MAC OSX. In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to use the PC version but the MAC version should also be quite identical.
- Once you have downloaded the free version of the program, run the setup wizard and install the program in your computer.
- Launch EaseUS data recovery and select the storage location which you want to scan for deleted photos or pictures. If it is an internal drive in your computer, remember to choose the appropriate drive in your computer. For example, if you want to recover photos from the “My pictures” folder, then you have to select the C drive since the location of “My pictures” folder is in the C drive.
Similarly, if the photos were in your external hard drive, you need to plug in your external hard drive and wait until the external hard drive shows up in “My computer”. Once the hard drive shows up there, select the drive and proceed further.
- Once you hit the “Scan” button, EaseUS will start a quick scan to show you the approximate location where the deleted files were before you deleted them. This is pretty handy, since you can quickly recognize if it is the right folder or file which you want to recover. There are situations when you only want to recover specific files from a folder and not all files. In these situations, the quick scan and it’s results are quite handy. Again, there are situations when you may have deleted identical folders with the same name. In this case, you can see the location of each folder and decide which one to recover and which one to delete permanently.
- In the scan results page, you will be able to see the list of all the photos pr pictures which were deleted recently.
You can browse through the deleted folder list in the left pane and EaseUS data recovery software will show you the list of all the files according to the folder which you browse.
- You can also recover photos by file type. For example, if there are a large number of files which you deleted and you only want to restore JPG files and not PNG files, this is a good feature which let’s you do just that.
- Once you are happy with your chosen filters, click the “Recover” button and EaseUS data recovery software will restore the file to it’s original location without you having to copy the files to their original location. This is pretty neat, there is nothing else you need to do apart from backing them up to a safe location so you don’t accidentally delete them again and even if you do, you know what to do the next time.
EaseUS data recovery software can not only be used for photo recovery but all other files like documents, emails, audio & video files, and more. This software supports perfectly in tackling with photo recovery cases.
Devices Supported by Ease US Data Recovery Wizard
There are tools in the market which does not support photo recovery in every device. However, Ease US is different and they have got you all covered. No matter what devices you use, you only need one application to recover photos from all of them, without having to install tens of different apps in all your devices.
The following devices are currently supported by Ease US data recovery wizard
- PC/ Laptop
- External Hard drive
- External disk or Floppy disk
- USB Drive
- Micro Card
- Memory Card
- Digital Camera
- Mobile Device
- Music Player
- Video Player
- CF / SD Card
- Zip drive
- Pen Drive
So as you can see, the photos can be recovered from your iPod, music player, video player, Micro SD card, mobile phone and even your camera. Only one tool and your photos are safe.
Ease US data recovery is free to use and the free trial plan let’s you recover 2GB of data without having to buy the solution at all. If you have only a small amount of data to recover, the free solution gets the job done without spending a dime. However, the free version does not provide tech support assistance and lifetime upgrade, so if you often find yourself looking for deleted photos and files in your computer’s hard drive or every where else, be sure to get a one time life time subscription of Ease US data recovery software which costs only $69.
By far, of all the data recovery software which we have tested and used, Ease US is no doubt the best free data recovery software to recover deleted, formatted or lost data from PC, laptop or removable device easily and quickly.