One of the things that noone likes about music purchased from iTunes is that they come with DRM (Digital rights management). What it means that once you have purchased music or videos that comes with DRM, you cannot share those files with others.
This also prevents you to preview or use your files in another device, for example an Android phone or some other device because the DRM associated with the file prevents it from being used on other devices which you may own. You cannot also share those files with your friends and family members, which makes it a very annoying experience for people who love to share their stuff with friends and family.
If you want to share your digital downloads that comes with DRM, you will first need a DRM removal tool for iPhone or iOS which will remove DRM from your files so that you can share it with others and use the file in other devices you may have.
In this tutorial, we will be looking at DRM Media converter for Windows and how you can use it to remove Digital rights management from your iTunes downloads, music files, movie files and other iTunes rentals.
Features of Tuneskit DRM Media Converter
I have used couple of free DRM converter in the past but there are lots of features which free tools do not provide. Also the conversion process is not as fast and the quality of conversion files is sometimes affected, depending on which tool you are actually using to remove DRM from iTunes rentals.
However, I must say that Tuneskit is a nice progress in that direction and it is the first tool which not only removes DRM losslessly to multiple devices but it is also very fast in processing a batch of files. You don’t have to wait for hours to remove DRM from files across different iOS devices which you own. The quality of your files are not affected at all and you can retain the AC3 5.1 dolby surround sound, AAC stereo tracks, CC and subtitles in your converted file.
All of this may sound a little too much to people who are used to using Free apps for removing DRM in Windows or MAC but trust me, after using Tuneskit you will not want to use any other free DRM removal software for Windows or MAC. The reason is that the quality of the converted file is so precise and sleek and there is hardly any difference you can note from the converted file to the original file.
The quality of sound, subtitles and eveything else remains exactly the same, it is just that the DRM gets removed. You can also use Tuneskit media converter to convert M4V files to MP4 and use the converted file in any device you have – iPhone, Android, PC, MAC – you name it.
How to Remove DRM Using Tuneskit DRM Media Converter
Here are the steps to use Tuneskit DRM Media converter in Windows to remove DRM from your iTunes downloads
- Download Tuneskit for Windows and install the application in your computer. There is a Free trial available which you can use without having to spend a dime.
- Once Tuneskit DRM Media converter is installed in your computer, run the application. You should see an option to add the files at the way top, as shown below
- Add the files from which you want to remove the DRM from. You can add multiple files and entire folders in one go without having to individually convert each file.
- Next, select a destination folder where you would like to save the converted file once the conversion process is complete (i.e the DRM removal is done and you can start enjoying the copy of the file without the DRM on any device)
- Once you have selected the “Destination folder”, be sure to choose the correct “Output format” for your converted file.
- Once you have selected the output format, you are ready to start the process of conversion. Click the “Convert” button at the bottom corner of the application.
- Tuneskit DRM converter will start converting each file one by one and it will remove the DRM from each file, and paste a converted copy of the file in your destination folder. This could take some time, depending on how many files you are converting in one go. For example, I was converting around 50 songs which I want to listen to my Android phone and it took me less than 5 minutes to convert 50 songs and remove DRM from them.
If you just want to convert few files and remove DRM for them, the free version of the application is more than enough to get the job done without spending anything. However, if you want to have advanced features and want ta full blown DRM removal application for windows or MAC which is not only faster but also does not compromise on the quality of the converted file, I would strongly recommend you to use the Premium version which costs a one time fee of $44.