Each day we hear news about the mobile market changes and updates, new smartphone and tablet releases. And it is undeniable fact that mobile phones have become inseparable part of our life. Can you imagine your day without making calls or texting or checking emails on the go? I think that most of us can’t do it. However, there are still lots of facts about mobile that remain unknown for us. And today I suggest you to find some of them out.
- The first handheld mobile phone commercial phone was designed by Motorola and had a name of DynaTAC 8000X.
- The very first SMS was sent in 1992.
- There are about 3.5 billion active mobile devices in the world (it is almost the half of the population number!)
- About 70% of the mobile phones in the world are made in China.
- More than 1 thousand mobile phones are activated every minute of every day.
- Text messages contribute about 20% of all operator revenues.
- The best sold phone of all times is … Nokia 1100 with 250 million sales!
- The most expensive mobile phone in the world is Goldstriker iPhone 3GS with the price of about 3.2 million dollars.
- Phones can be recycled, but only 2.3 % of USA phone users know it and do it.
- Use left ear for phone speaking as according to the Apollo medical team if you use the right one the phone will influence your brain directly.
- 2/3 of all mobile phones owners use their phones backlight as a flash light.
- Nokia gadgets in Asia don’t have digit 4 in their dials as the number is thought to be unlucky there.
- A worldwide emergence number is 112. You may call it even if you don’t have any money your phone is locked.
- Modern Apple iPhone has much more processing power than the North American Air Defense Command used to have in 1965.
- If you are a Nokia owner and your battery is dying and you are waiting for an important call, dial *3370# and your phone will start to use a reserve battery power.
Of course, one article can’t enumerate all strange and weird facts about mobile phones as each phone manufacturer has its own “things” to discuss but these seem to be the most interesting from my point of you. Do you know any more?