Sit back and relax, this is holiday season and it’s show time.
Social Media platform isn’t just a website working fast with great response, or isn’t a website of colorful theme, or isn’t various ways we can share , or amazing features which bring us close even though we are poles apart. Social Media is “us”. Who we are, what we feel, what we like and how we express ourselves. Social Media represents what we like, what we care, and what we share.
Number of Likes, Comments and Shares represent what we talk about most on Social Media. What we talk about most becomes a trending topic. Trending topic becomes memory at the end of the year. The popular social platforms Facebook, Twitter and YouTube present what we did in 2015 in the form of a review. So let’s see what they got for us to show.
Facebook – Year In Review 2015
The Lion of the social media Jungle – Facebook released what happened in 2015 and called it Year in Review – 2015. Depending on how frequently a topic got mentioned starting from Jan 1, 2015 to December 1, 2015, Facebook measured top 10 lists depending on top rankings.
While announcing the lists, Facebook said,
“As 2015 comes to a close, we remember what was on our minds this year and the difference we made by coming together. We’re taking a look back on the moments in 2015 that moved us and inspired us to take action.”
The below are the most talked-about global topics in that order:
- US Presidential Election
- November 13 Attacks in Paris
- Syrian Civil War & Refugee Crisis
- Nepal Earthquakes
- Greek Debt Crisis
- Marriage Equality
- Fight Against ISIS
- Charlie Hebdo Attack
- Baltimore Protests
- Charleston Shooting & Flag Debate
Coming to India, the top 10 most talked-about topics in that order were:
- Narendra Modi
- E-commerce bom
- A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- Baahubali : The Beginning
- Nepal Earthquakes
- Salman Khan
- Cricket World Cup and Indian Premier League
- Bihar Elections
- Deepika Padukone
- Indian Army
Twitter – #YearOnTwitter
Twitter, the 140 character-social-networking site, also released what we most talked about this year. Unlike Facebook, Twitter has Trending Topics and Best moments on 2015. You can see this year trends on Twitter using #YearOnTwitter hashtag. Twitter actually dedicated a webpage for this year most talked about topics. The trends have been categorized into differed things like
most influential – basically topics which you’ve liked the most on Twitter or influenced more Twitter users, new voices – about people who joined Twitter this year, most retweeted – tweets which got retweeted most and top trends – Topics which most-talked about on Twitter.
Announcing these topics, Twitter said,
“As always, the world united this year in moments of triumph, activism, support, and fascination, and Twitter is where we gathered for all of it. Whether people were making a hashtag into a global movement or expressing wonder over the color of a dress, we all used Twitter this year in awe-inspiring ways.”
— Twitter (@Twitter) December 7, 2015
According to Twitter, the most trending Topics this year are :
#PrayForParis – When horrible attacks happened on Paris, people used this hashtag to show their support and sorrow for the victims.
#BlackLivesMatter – hashtag used to represent a social movement against racism
#HomeToVote and #LoveWins – On Marriage equality. Former one became popular when Irish citizen expats shared their tweets returning their home to vote, while the latter one used to celebrate the decision by Supreme Court to legalize gay marriages in United Sates on June 26.
#RefugeesWelcome – Became a top trending when human rights activists and other citizens used as many people from middle east and Africa came seeking refuge in Europe.
#IStandWithAhmed – Became trending after a 14-year old boy, named Ahmed Mohammad was detained and handcuffed at his School in Texas for bringing his homemade digital clock which was misinterpreted as a bomb.
You can see other trending topics and moments at most influential page .
YouTube, he most popular place where video content is being viewed and share the most, celebrated this year with #YouTubeRewind, in a very unique way. It actually made a video with close to 150 video creators all over the world, including best moments in YouTube History. Announcing this video, YouTube said,
“It’s time to celebrate. More than 150 YouTube creators from all over the world got together to relive not just the best moments of 2015, but also some of the most memorable viral clips from YouTube history (hey, it’s still our 10th birthday year for a few more days yet …). The result: the 2015 installment of our annual Rewind video, featuring everything from YouTube dance prodigies, some of your favorite TV personalities, an epic plastic ball fight, and even a remix from Avicii.”
You can watch the video here –
It is very great that bringing these many people together and actually make a video like this. You can also watch this year’s trending videos and top music videos or you can check YouTube Rewind Channel to see what’s trending on 2015.
According To YouTube, top most watched videos in 2015 in that order are –
- Silento- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) #WatchMeDanceOn by Tianne King
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial) by Clash of Clans
- Crazy Plastic Ball PRANK!! by RomanAtwood
- Love Has No Labels | Diversity & Inclusion | Ad Council by Ad Council
- Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Justin Bieber Carpool Karaoke by The Late Late Show with James Corden
- 6ft Man in 6ft Giant Water Balloon – 4K – The Slow Mo Guys by The Slow Mo Guys
- Golden boy Calum Scott hits the right note | Audition Week 1 | Britain’s Got Talent 2015 by Britain’s Got Talent
- Dover Police DashCam Confessional (Shake it Off) by Dover Police
- Mean Tweets – President Obama Edition by Jimmy Kimmel Live
And top music albums in that order are –
- Wiz Khalifa – See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Official Video] Furious 7 Soundtrack
- Maroon 5 – Sugar
- Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (Official Video)
- Major Lazer & DJ Snake – Lean On (feat. MØ) (Official Music Video)
- Taylor Swift – Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar
- David Guetta – Hey Mama (Official Video) ft Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack
- Sia – Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler (Official Video)
- Fifth Harmony – Worth It ft. Kid Ink
- Adele – Hello
- Silentó – Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Official)
What is the most memorable moment that happened to you this year? Do let us know in comments!