Meet Oukitel K10000 – A Smart Phone with World’s Largest Battery
You may agree or disagree, many of us would run out of battery while we are in the middle of something important. Many times we cursed our phone, causing us to run for a charger to get back your device to life. You may find many people around carrying a secondary battery (well, if their phone has removable battery) or a power bank in their bag to help in need.
Why many smartphones these days do not offer a solution to this problem?
Well, battery consumption is caused by many things in your smart phone.
– Your display. These days, we aren’t seeing any display with resolution below 720p. Screen sizes also vary in the range of 5.5 to 6 inches. We have already seen phones coming with even 4K display. Here is a rule of thumb – Lot of clarity, lot of pixels. Lot of pixels, Lot of Battery. If your concern is battery backup and you are planning to buy a smartphone, think about the display resolution the phone has first. Because on a 5- 6 inch screens, you won’t notice difference between a 720p and 1080p resolution until you observe very closely, which you would rarely do, I bet. If you happened to have a HD or QHD/UHD display, try workarounds like keeping low screen on time, reducing display brightness etc.
– Back ground Apps. This is another reason which consume your battery. Try removing permissions to apps which you don’t use that often in settings.
– Other settings. Turn Off BT/Wi-Fi when not being used. Try disabling vibration, LED light (if you happened to have one)
But if your concern is why smart phones cannot come with great display, more processing power and as well as a bigger battery then there are some points you need to know.
– Economic Feasibility. As you might already know, no phone is a perfect smartphone. Even though we are heading to a direction where cheap phones are getting good and good phones are getting cheap, we aren’t there yet where every feature and spec is great. Even for companies like Samsung and Apple, it is not possible to put a bigger battery for the same reason. That is why many depend on software features such as Doze mode and Dark Theme, which we had seen in OnePlus X which got released into the market recently to reduce battery usage.
– Size. Another concern to reduce battery thickness of phones. Admit it, you like thin phones. You find them sexy, and badly want them to be in your pocket. You also want them to weigh lighter in your hand making it easy to carry. So, adding battery would increase both thickness and weight. That is why companies had to choose the number wisely.
That all said, I am not saying no smartphone has a great battery. There are companies like Lenovo, Gionee which made phones with nice battery backup. But majority of phones these days come with 2000-3500 mAh batteries.
Today I am about to introduce you K10000 from Oukitel, with huge 10000mAh battery on the back. It is the world’s first phone to carry a battery of this much capacity.
Specs of Oukitel K10000
As I said, with 10000mAh battery, this smartphone would last upto 10 to 15 days without any issue. Even though we don’t have detailed spec sheet of this guy, let’s examine with what we knew until now.
Design and Display
This phone really looks solid with durable premium build with a metallic band all over. The design has curved edges on sides, but with hexa faced edges and cuts giving a different look. This device would give great grip while holding and drop durable too.
K10000 has a 5.5 inch 720 HD resolution display which offers sharp brightness and viewing angles. Coming with 86% body-to-screen ratio, you can experience appropriate display in this phone. The dimensions of this device are 143 x 77 x 9 mm (length x breadth x thickness). This device weighs 184 grams in hand. As you can see this device is thicker (as you would expect) but weighs less compared to some phones out there. The company managed to balance the weight factor with the battery.
Under the Hood
K10000 comes with 1.0GHz 64 bit Quad Core MTK6735 SoC coupled with Mali-T720 GPU. Coming to storage, it has 2GB RAM and 16 GB ROM which can be expandable up to 32 GB sacrificing one NANO SIM Card. It has Android Lollipop v5.1 with customized UI.
As you can see, this is an average powered phone compared to what we have in the market now. With the biggest battery in the world, this is the sacrifice the company had to make. But you would get decent performance in whit device without any issue and be able to handle multi tasking well. You may run out of storage, so you may have to have a SD Card as a backup.
K10000 has 13MP sensor with dual LED flash on the back and 5MP shooter on the front. Even though this isn’t the best camera that can be embedded on a phone with similar price bracket, this camera manages to give you decent performance. You can expect nice shots with appropriate color production and sharpness.
As mentioned earlier, K10000 features a huge 10000mAh battery. As claimed by the company, you can completely charge this device within 3.5 hours. With this battery, you can use your smartphone upto 10 days, if you are a normal user.
This device also supports reverse charging. Using OTG, you can offer some power to your friend who is in need. The company claims that after charging 3 iPhone 6s plus devices, k10000 was left with 10% battery.
Connectivity and Others
This is a dual SIM, dual standby device. But like many phones out there, it has a single tray for a Nano SIM or expandable storage. So, either you can go for Micro SIM + Nano SIM or Micro SIM + SD Card. K10000 supports 4G (FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz), 3G (WCDMA 1900/2100MHz) and 2G (GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz). It also has support for BT 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS/A-GPS, OTG support and comes with Gravity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor pre- installed.
This device is available for pre order for approx $239, that is around 16K rupees.
Should You buy this Device?
That decision purely depends on what is your need. I don’t really see 10000mAh battery would become a USP of this device. There are power banks available online for 1K if you want. Devices having similar price brackets these days come with more processing power, better display, and with lot of other options that are really useful and also balancing with average battery backup.
That said, this phone sets another example that a smartphone CAN be made with larger battery life which was the case with earlier feature phones. If you are an adventurous person who travel a lot or work in a small village where power supply isn’t available easily or don’t want to carry another electronic item in your bag, you can consider this device for sure.
We should appreciate the company to implement a phone like this and let’s hope more devices would come with future offering great battery backup.
What is your opinion regarding this device? Do let us know in comments.