Marathon M5 From Gionee: Your Answer for Less Battery Backup
What do we expect from a smart phone? New OS, good camera, enough storage and long lasting battery. Since all these features cannot fit in into a mobile in real time, all the mobiles out there came out with one or more sacrifices to make it feasible for the price. Some devices come out in the market with great CPU and storage, some do with Great camera and so on.
Gionee, the Chinese smart phone manufacturing company is trying hard by announcing different devices that belong to various price brackets to fit into different customer needs. This year, the company had released a costly device Gionee Elife E8 with great camera which would produce Super HD 120MP photos and Elife E6 with mid range specs in an affordable price bracket. What ever the device may be, if you observe closely, this company always trying to build devices with great battery. For example, the above two phones, irrespective of their price bracket, come with battery greater than 3000mAh. Not only that, Gionee had released Marathon M4 with huge 5000mAh battery.
Now, as a successor to Marathon M4, the company announced Marathon M5. Well, if we can say that the word “successor” should be an updated version, then Marathon M5 does actually that. This device has a whooping 6020mAh battery!!
Since you’ve got to know about this impressive feature, let’s talk more about that.
Battery in Gionee Marathon M5
The company actually split the battery into two, each of 3010mAh , giving a total of 6020mAh.
This battery can last upto 4 days for you without getting charged. It also has a feature called “Extreme Mode” which can boost standby time at 5% of battery up to 62 hours, if turned on. Not only that, this device also supports reverse charging, which means you can use this device has a power hub to charge other devices in need. This also has a fast charging feature, to charge your device faster.
In one sentence, this device would be an answer to your question, “why a smartphone cannot last for longer time”.
Other Specifications of Gionee Marathon M5
As from our source, this device packs following features:
- This is device comes with a metallic finish with curved edges giving premium feel while looking at it. The measurements of this device are 152x76x8.55mm and weighs 214 grams in hand. As you can see, this is a bit heavy, due to larger battery inside which adds extra weight.
- This device has a 5.5 inch 720p AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection to avoid screen damage. You would expect this display comes with nice color production, viewing angles and appropriate brightness.You would find no issues with touch responsiveness of this device.
- Under the hood, this device got equipped with 64-bit 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 CPU, coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16 GB of on-board storage which can be expandable upto 128 gigs using Micro SD. Even though this is not the high end chipset, it would deliver seamless performance without any hitch. You have enough storage which is expandable to store your data such as pictures, music and videos.This device runs Android Lollipop V5.1 which would give you material design experience from Google.
- Coming to camera, this device has a 13MP primary sensor and 5MP front sensor. Even though this isn’t best camera in a smart phone you would expect decent performance.
- Coming to connectivity, this is adual SIM device supporting 4G. It also features Bluetooth and Wifi.
Price and Availability
This device already got released in China for roughly Rs.23k. The company all set to release this device in India 24th of this month, i.e., next week. The actual price in India could be a bit higher compared to its price in china.
Though Gionee Marathon M5 has an amazing battery, there are some downsides such as above average processor, less camera. But if you are expecting this much from a smartphone- with great battery backup and above average camera , you can definitely give this device a try.