Best Third-Party Keyboard Apps for iPhone
Although iPhone had no third-party keyboard support, they got it with the release of iOS 8. Since iOS 8 launch, people have been downloading third-party keyboards. It doesn’t mean that the inbuilt keyboard is bad. The inbuilt Apple keyboard is good enough, but people want to try something else. If you are one of them, who want to try something new on their iPhone, do check out these third-party keyboard apps for iPhone. Most of them are available for free, and you can use them without any problem.
Best Third-Party Keyboard Apps for iPhone
Gboard for Android is one the best keyboard app, and you can experience the same on iPhone as well since this is being developed by Google. There is almost no competitor of Gboard for iPhone, and that is only because of the smoothness and available functionalities. Apart from offering a regular keyboard, you can find GIFs, Emoji search, and Glide Typing. You can search and send anything from Google. For example:
- Nearby stores and restaurants
- Videos and images
- Weather forecasts
- News and articles
- Sports scores
As you are about to start using this tool, you should know about what Gboard sends to Google:
- Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
- Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
- If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
As mentioned earlier, this is available for free, but you need to have iOS 10.0 or later version to install it.
2] Swiftkey Keyboard
Swiftkey Keyboard was available for Android only before the launch of iOS 8. However, now you can download this awesome keyboard app for iOS 9.3 or later version and experience an awesome typing. This is available for free and use it without any lag or hang. The user interface of this keyboard’s keypad is much better than other, and hence, you will find it useful and attractive at the same time. It learns a lesson from your typing behavior and hence, it predicts text even before your thinking. On the other hand, you can type in your favorite language, the type with emoji and so on. Glide typing is also available in this tool, and therefore, you can write a long essay without any issue at all. The best thing is you can change the theme of your keyboard. Therefore, you can experience a different experience, and it is useful when you need to change the brightness of your keyboard.
3] GO Keyboard
When it comes to making your keyboard colorful, you can opt for Go Keyboard. Like Gboard and Swiftkey Keyboard, GO Keyboard is available for free as well, and you can download it for iOS 8.0 or later version. Some of the important features of this tool are:
- Fantasy stickers: Peanuts, Shrek, Snowman, etc. Stickers make your input more fun.
- Type with Emoji: Provided 1000+ FREE Emoji, emoticons and other cute smiley faces explosion.
- Custom keyboard: Personalized backgrounds, fonts, and key-tones to DIY your keyboard.
- Rich themes: Lovely, Cool, Factional, Geek, you will find every keyboard you want!
- Powerful language support: Support over 40 languages and adjust your language preferences automatically.
- Fast and Smart: Support Swipe typing, Auto-correction, and Next-word prediction.
- Privacy and Security: We will never collect your info including credit card information.
Also, it comes with some in-app purchases, and those are:
- All themes: $4.99
- Rose Gold 2: $1.99
- Unlimited Theme Slots: $3.99
- Green Fire: $1.99
- Unlock All Backgrounds: $4.99
- GO Keyboard Monthy VIP: $19.99
- Shining Star: $1.99
- Gold butterfly: $1.99
- Dewdrop: $1.99
Fleksy is yet another awesome third-party keyboard app for iPhone and iPad that you can use to type faster. It doesn’t matter whether you want to write a 10-word message or 300 words paragraph, you can do that with the help of Fleksy. It comes with a lot of customization so that you can personalize it according to your wish. On the other hand, you can type with gestures, and it makes everything smoother, faster, and easier. Talking about more personalization, it offers more than fifty themes, three customizable sizes and more. According to the developers, these are some of the reasons, why Fleksy is better than others:
- The only keyboard with custom Extensions.
- The only keyboard that holds a world record for typing speed.
- The only keyboard to find and send music, videos, places, GIFs, Stickers, Memes and more while typing.
- The most beautiful design, custom themes, and sizes.
Regarding the keyboard type, you can find QWERTY, AZERTY, QWERTZ, even DVORAK or Colemak. There are only a few keyboard apps those have all these options. The overall user interface of Fleksy is much better than some other third-party tools, and hence, it would be easier for you to get started with this keyboard app.
When you are writing a long email for some official purpose, you cannot afford a single grammatical mistake. Grammarly helps you get rid of all grammatical mistakes within moments with the help of inbuilt grammar checker tool. The user interface of Grammarly keyboard is quite good, and as it shows the mistakes right on your keyboard and screen, you might find it quite cluttered. However, most of the people love the functionality to have a built-in grammar checker. As usual, you can send emoji, picture (based on the app), location and so on with the help of Grammarly keyboard for iPhone. This keyboard app is available for iOS 9.3 or later version and for free with no string attached. However, it is quite big (153 MB).
Considering everything, Swiftkey Keyboard and Gboard are equally awesome keyboard app available for iPhone. You can download both of them one by one and try them accordingly before opting for anything else. As Gboard is developed by Google, you should find it much better than Swiftkey Keyboard and it doesn’t come with any in-app purchase, and that is an advantage.