How to Create GIF Image on Mac | Best Apps to Make GIF
Nowadays, one thing has got a huge growth and that is GIF, which stands for Graphics Interchange Format. Generally, GIF image is such an image that is something like a very small video clip. However, it comes with a .gif extension and it cannot be opened using Photo Booth or Photos for Mac. On the other hand, this is quite difficult to handle GIF image on your Mac computer. But, as there is a massive growth of GIF image on social media like Facebook, Twitter etc. most of the page admins or moderators often share GIF image of various movie, TV series, cartoons, etc. to get more interaction on their posts. Therefore, if you are one of them and want to create GIF image on Mac, do check out these best apps to make GIF on Mac.
Best apps to create GIF on Mac
As both of the inbuilt tools of Mac are not capable of creating GIF image on the macOS Sierra, you can take the help of third-party software that would make the task simpler and quicker.
This is one of the best and free GIF maker apps for Mac. You can use this tool to create a GIF image within moments. However, the workflow of GIPHY Capture is not that good. Talking about the feature, this app is intended for only one purpose. You can play the video in the background, and record that using GIHPY Capture. This particular process has an advantage as well as disadvantage. The advantage is you can add mouse clicks or open any other app inside the recording area. The disadvantage is you need to set it up correctly and play the video in the background properly. Otherwise, you will end up wasting your time very badly.
Talking about the availability, you can download it to OS X 10.10 or later versions. Also, this is designed for the 64-bit processor, which is very common on Mac computers. After editing or making a GIF image, you can save that in your machine or upload that directly to GIPHY website. Download
GIF Brewery by Gfycat
This is probably the best tool and much better than GIPHY Capture. Loads of pro features are included in this app at free of cost. Some of the features of GIF Brewery are mentioned below.
- Record video: Like any other GIF maker, you can record video using this tool.
- Open video: Unlike GIPHY Capture, you can open any downloaded video in this app. It makes the task much easier.
- Resize and crop video: You can resize any video according to your requirements. Not only that but also you can crop video accordingly.
- Change frame rate: you can change the frame rate. The more frame rate you use, the better the GIF would be.
- Image filter: You can use various image filters in this app to make the GIF look better.
- Upload to Gfycat: Like GIPHY Capture, you can upload created GIF to the official website of Gfycat. This is possible to perform this task directly from the app. This is needless to mention that you save the GIF in your local storage as well.
To get started with this app, at first, download and install it. After that, open a video, and select start and end time. Therefore, you can add stickers and effects or do other editing before saving or uploading. Download
That’s it! This is as simple as said. Hope you would like these two apps to create GIF image on Mac.