How to Fix aw snap error in Google Chrome
If you are using Google Chrome as your default web browser, Then your have definitely seen Aw, Snap! error message in Google Chrome when loading website. That means Chrome detects a problem and unable to load the page. That means it cannot display the certain website. This error message doesn’t provide you the exact reason. There is a lot of people around the world have reported on Google Chrome help forum to fix this issue.
Usually, the error message say,
Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. To continue, reload or go to another page.
The reason behind Aw, Snap!
- Less connectivity of your Internet.
- Blocked by Antivirus and firewall settings.
- Virus and Malware.
- Corrupted of Google Chrome.
Fix aw snap error in Google Chrome
At first, make sure that you are using the latest version of Google Chrome.
Troubleshooting of Aw, Snap!
- Reload the web page again. This will often fix the issue and get rid of this ” Aw, Snap! error message “.
- Remove and reinstall all of the Extensions
To check if this issue is made by Extension of Chrome, then first open Incognito mode and type the website and hit Enter. If you no longer see the error message, then make sure that it is related to Google Chrome extension. You can type chrome://extensions in the Chrome search address bar and hit Enter that directly through you to Extension page. Delete them all and again install them. Then simply restart the browser. Still faced it again, just disable all the extensions and enable one by one.
- Make sure that it happens whenever you open a website, and it’ll probably show that your connecting is not private” with the same error message Aw, Snap Then this error basically indicates a problem on settings with either your antivirus software or firewall. Some of the security software block certain websites to launch. Then you must add Google Chrome exception on your security software and Firewall settings.
.If you are not using antivirus or any defender that prevent your computer from virus and malware comes from the Internet. Then such a malicious software may not allow certain opening websites on Google Chrome. To fix this issue, install a good antivirus and add Chrome as an exception on this software.
- Try creating a new Chrome profile
Exit from the Google Chrome browser. Now please Windows Key + E to open Windows Explorer.
Now type ” %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ “(without quotes) in the address bar and hit Enter.
Now find Default named folder and change name in from Default to Backup Default.
Open Google Chrome and try to find the web page
At first, go to the setting option Google Chrome by type ” chrome://settings “. Then go to show advanced settings. Now you can see privacy
Make sure that in privacy you have marked the following options.
Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
Predict network actions to improve page load performance
Enable phishing and malware protection
Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google
Hope these simple fixes would help you a lot