Best Android Apps to Identify Any Song
Let’s assume that you are listening to a foreign song on TV or music system and you want to download that song. However, you cannot recognize the song. At such a moment, you can either ask someone who knows that language, or you can use these following apps to recognize it. Here is a simple list of best Android apps to identify any song. It doesn’t matter whether it is playing on TV, computer, or any sound system, you can certainly recognize it with the help of these apps.
Best Android Apps to Identify Any Song
Shazam is not only a music database but also a music identifier that helps you recognize songs within moments. It doesn’t matter whether it is English audio or Japanese, you can easily find that out with the help of Shazam. Apart from identifying the song, you can play it or find out where you can find that song on the internet. You can find various music libraries such as Google Play Store, Apple Music and so on where the song is live and users can either listen to it or download it accordingly. Talking about specific features, you can find these options in this app:
- Identify music with one tap
- Sing along to songs with music lyrics, or watch their videos
- Preview songs and add them to Spotify playlists**
- Shazam Offline: Identify music even when you’re not connected!*
- Check out the recommended tracks to find new music
- Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real-time charts
- Simply log in to sync all your Shazams across all devices
- Launch Pandora radio based on artists you Shazam**
- Buy your Shazamed songs in Google Play Music with just one tap
Regarding availability, you can download Shazam on Android 2.3.3 or later version. Good news is you can download it on the iOS device as well.
Gaana is an Indian music app that is very popular among Bollywood song lovers. That is because it has a huge collection of Hindi songs. However, that doesn’t mean you cannot find other language songs. You can get Bengali, Punjabi, Marathi, Bhojpuri, etc. music as well. You can use Gaana app for free on your Android mobile. However, you can opt for the premium account, which is quite affordable and you can find a lot more options as well. All the paid account holders can find these options in this app:
- Download unlimited mp3 songs for offline listening
- Ad-free Music experience
- Music in high definition audio quality
- Sync downloads on five devices
Apart from that, you can get these following options as well:
- Access to over 30 million Bollywood & English MP3 songs
- Thousands of playlists created by Experts and Users
- Save your favorite songs, playlists, albums, and artists
- Listen to Non-stop Radio & also 10 Radio Mirchi stations.
- Music updated daily for Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Bhojpuri, Kannada and other regional languages
- Dedicated sections for Top Bollywood Songs, Ghazals, Romantic Songs, Bhajans, Dance Songs
- Gaana Social: Share music with your family, friends, and followers. View and engage with friends’ music history. Listen to popular music based on your location and network.
- Enjoy Lyrics of your favorite songs
- Experience the app in 9 different languages
- Ability to enjoy music in black and white theme
The last but not the least feature is song identifier that works pretty well for Indian music. It may not be able to identify the foreign songs. However, you can certainly use it to recognize an India music. the only drawback of this app is you can find music those are available only in Gaana app. Nonetheless, the collection of music is quite high in size.
SoundHound is yet another awesome app for Android that you can use to identify any song you want. It comes with a huge database of audio files, and it takes minimum time to recognize your song. The best thing is you can use voice commands to find out music. For example, you can give these following commands:
‘OK Hound…show me my discoveries’
‘OK Hound…Show me what I can say’
‘OK Hound…what’s that song?’
‘OK Hound… Play Hello by Adele’
‘OK Hound… Show me lyrics to Castle on the hill.’
‘OK Hound…Play today’s top songs.’’
Add to Spotify Playlist (registration required)
‘OK Hound…Add this song to my playlist’
Regarding the features, you will get these options as well:
- Tap the SoundHound button in the app to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
- Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune and we’ll do the rest!
- Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
- See the hottest new music across Genre, Global, and Popular charts
- Find out what’s being played near you and around the world with our Music Map
The user interface of SoundHound is pretty good, and you should not find any problem while using it for the first time as well. Although the download page of this app doesn’t have the compatible Android version, you can download it for Android 2.3.3 or later version. Even if you have Android Oreo, you can run it smoothly and without any lag. Although this is available for free, you can unlock all the features by spending $5.99.
If you search in Google Play Store, you might find a lot of other similar apps those you can use to recognize a song playing around or near you. However, these three apps are probably the best regarding flexibility, compatibility, and collection of music.