What are the Major Differences Between Unblock Proxy and VPN?
Unblock or web based proxies have been extremely helpful and still are. They give you
admission to blocked content, which you wouldn’t have been able to access otherwise. This has been their best feature since coming into existence.
However, now that VPN proxies like FalcoVPN are out in the woods, it makes it pretty hard to make a case in favor of unblock proxies. They do get the job done but they also come with a ton of problems as well as privacy and security risks. VPN proxies, on the other hand, have close to no problems because they are specifically designed for providing anonymity. There are of course some familiarities, but when you dissect both of these proxies, VPNs always come out on top. Why VPNs have this edge over web based proxies has been explained below.
Major Differences Between Unblock Proxy and VPN
1. Speed Throttling: There are a ton of differences between the two, but one difference that really makes web proxies annoying is that they throttle your internet speed. As soon as you enable a web based proxy, your speed is slowed down and that’s incredibly annoying. With VPN, you never have this issue. They do switch your IP and servers but your internet speed is not compromised in any way.
2. Security: Web based proxies, as the name suggests, only work on browsers. They have zero encryption or security protocols, which mean that whatever you access with these proxies can harm your device. VPN take control over your whole device and keep it protected from most of the online threats. They have built-in security protocols that help keep malware at bay.
3. Privacy A large number of people still care about their privacy and would want to keep it intact while they’re browsing the web. With web proxies, you don’t get any privacy whatsoever. All of your data and information is stored and can be hacked into. On the other hand, VPNs hide your actual IP and server hence making all of your activity completely untraceable.
4. Torrenting As discussed above, web based proxies only work on the browsers, which means that they cannot have an impact on anything that happens outside of it. This means that if your torrent client is suffering from speed throttling, the web based proxy won’t be able to do anything about it. VPN shines here as well. It comes with proxy servers and the only thing you have to do is put this proxy server detail in your torrent client. Once all the details have been put in, the speed will go back to normal and you won’t have to suffer from slow speed ever again.
5. Access to Multiple Regions Web proxies don’t have a lot of servers so they can’t really help you gain access to different regions. VPNs are a different ball game entirely, they have multiple servers located all around the globe and you can gain access to any one of them with ease. You can keep switching around or stick to your favorite. All of it is made easy with VPN. The best part is that there is no hassle to it whatsoever. You only need to select the location you want to switch to, and it will be done
6. Available on All Platforms Most of the web based proxies are only available on computer based browsers. They do have a presence on smartphones but it isn’t significant. The ones that are available aren’t very reliable either. Fortunately, VPNs are available on every single platform. You can get them for smartphones and computers, and the best part is that they are catered for different operating systems as well. This way, people who use certain operating systems have no difficulty adjustingto them.
So, there you have it, we have explained the major differences between the two proxies. Unblockor web based proxies are good for accessing content that you can’t originally. However, that’s their only feature. They don’t provide privacy or security or help in any other way. Meanwhile, VPNs are complete solutions. They offer privacy and security, restore torrent speeds, and most importantly, they are available on all platforms. It doesn’t matter what device or operating system you are using, you will always be able to get help from a VPN.