Learning keyboard shortcuts of frequently used applications saves a lot of time; you don’t have to remember all the options and can quickly accomplish a particular task, provided you know the keyboard shortcuts of the application.
Internet Explorer 9 is no exception and if you want to master the important keyboard shortcuts of IE9, start with the following list:
Keyboard shortcuts beginning with Alt
- Alt : This will show the IE menu bar, after selecting an option, the menu bar will hide automatically.
- Alt + X : Opens the tools menu where you can access more options e.g restore closed tabs, access internet options and more.
- Alt + M: Go to the home page set in Internet Explorer options.
- Alt + C: Manage browsing history, view feeds and bookmarks (favorites)
- Alt + 9: Force Internet Explorer rendering mode.
- Alt + Home: Open the Home menu
- Alt+R: Open the Print menu
- Alt+J: Open the RSS menu
- Alt+O: Opens the tools menu
- Alt+S: Opens the Safety menu.
- Alt + H: Open the Help menu.
- Alt+Z: Open the Add to Favorites menu (or open Subscribe to feed when in feed preview)
- Alt+ A: Open the Favorites menu from the menu bar
- Alt+ I: Display all feeds (when in feed view)
- Alt+ M: Mark a feed as read (when in feed view)
- Alt+ S: Put the cursor in search box in feed view
- Alt+ C: Open Favorites Center and display your favorites
Keyboard shortcuts beginning with Control
- Control + D: Can be used to bookmark a webpage or add it to your Internet explorer favorites.
- Control + T: Opens a new browser tab
- Control + w: Closes the current browser tab.
- Control + K: Copies the current browser tab and opens it.
- Control + N: Open a new Internet Explorer window.
- Control + J: Opens the Internet Explorer Download Manager.
- Control + L: Select the address bar so that you can type in a new address.
- Control + B: organize your Internet Explorer favorites.
- Control + +: Zoom in a webpage
- Control + –: Zoom out in a webpage
- Control + o: Open a webpage
- Control + S: Save a web page for offline viewing.
- Control + Shift + Tab: Move back through tabs
- Control + Tab: Move forward through tabs.
Keyboard Shortcuts Starting With F1-F12 Buttons
- F12: Opens The developer toolbar for debugging- great improvement , Firebug for internet explorer added by default.
- F5: Refresh or reload the current webpage
- F1: Display help.
- F4: Displays a list of addresses you have typed.
Other Important Keyboard Shortcuts For Internet Explorer 9
- Delete browsing history Ctrl+Shift+Del
- Open an InPrivate Browsing window Ctrl+Shift+P
- Open the Organize Favorites dialog box Ctrl+B
- Open Favorites Center and display your history Ctrl+H
- Open Favorites Center and display your feeds Ctrl+J
- Open and dock the Favorites Center and display your feeds Ctrl+Shift+J
If you know any other keyboard shortcuts which is missing in the above list, feel free to comment and I will add it to the list.