If your computer is showing Local area connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration Unidentified network on Windows 10/8/7, here are some solutions that would work for you. Apart from this error, if you are getting “Ethernet” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error in Windows 10/8/7, these same solutions would be helpful as well.
Local area connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error on Windows 10
Try this thing first.There is a lot of anonymous is in which block your local area connection with a valid IP configuration on Windows 10. Such as wrong time, date and place or some ransomware attack or Ethernet driver problem or network adaptor problem. But we don’t waste time to find out the reason. In this post, we provide you with the best solution which helps to fix the local area connection does not have a valid IP configuration problem.
Make a wireless network report
It is a basic way to workaround this issue. That helps you to diagonalize the network problem or at least it provides you with some vital information to work around this issue
- At first, make a right click on the Start Window button with your mouse then go to Command Prompt (Admin) open it.
- Then type a command
netsh wlan show wlanreport
and hit Enter.
- This procedure generates an HTML file which can open in your default web browser enlisted on your Windows 10.
Make sure that either your cable modem or ISP works correctly
- First of all, open the command prompt (Admin) as I instructed you earlier. Then type a command ipconfig. Now search IP address at first, then look for the Default Gateway and write it down somewhere.
- Now press Windows key + R to open Run. Now type ping <Default Getaway> -t. For example, suppose my Default Gateway is 192.168.0.1. Then type ping 192.168.0.1 -t. Then hit Enter. It will open Command Prompt screen then you should see some spontaneous reply. Such as below. Just you have to press Ctrl + Pause Break to get those result on command prompt.
Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64. Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1: Packets: Sent = 1, Received = 1, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 1ms, Control-Break
Now there will be 3 cases. If the Ping is successful, then it will give you the result just like above.
Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 192.168.0.1: Destination net unreachable. Request timed out. Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1: Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 0, Lost = 2 (100% loss), Control-Break
If you got request timed out or destination host unreachable, then there might be a problem with your Internet service provider (ISP).
Manually update and install the network adapter driver
- Open Device Manager with the help of Cortana on Windows 10. Then find Network adapters option.
- Right-click on the network driver, and select Update driver.
- If you have the latest version of driver on your PC, select the browser option to select the driver. Otherwise, select the other option to search for driver update online and automatically.
Run network troubleshoots are followed by networking commands
The network troubleshooting option will help you to diagnose and fix the local area network connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration problem. So, it helps get you to connect with your Internet again.
To run first Network Troubleshooter
In Windows 10, this is very easy to find out Network Troubleshooter since Microsoft has added a new option to open it on your machine. For that, open Windows Settings by pressing Win + I button. Go to Update & security > Troubleshoot. On your right-hand side, you can find Internet Connections. Click on it and select Run the troubleshooter.
Following that, you need to follow the screen option to get things done.
It will detect your problem in name resolution. After some time it shows you “Troubleshooting has completed”. It will also give a message like “Troubleshooting was unable to fix all out the issue found automatically.” You can find more details below.
If troubleshooter does not fix your network connection problem, then try this way
- Reset the TCP/IP stack
- Release the IP address
- Renew the IP address
- Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache.
Now Run those networking commands in Command Prompt on Windows 10
Type these commands and hit the Enter button:
netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns
It will reset your whole network settings and flush the DNS cache.
Try to roll back the network adaptor driver
If you have recently installed a new network adaptor driver and connected before, Thai to rollback your network adapter driver to the previous version that will help you much.
- At first open, the device manager looks for the network adapter then search the adaptor name.
- Make a right-click on the network adapter and then select properties.
- You can find driver tab selected and then select roll back driver.
- If it shows you a message that is available to go back driver that means, there is no driver to roll back.
- Restart your computer and see if that fixes the network connection error message.
Temporarily turned off firewall on your computer
- Open Command Prompt (Admin) and type a command
netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off
then press Enter.
- Now open your default web browser and make a search Google.com that you trust much.
- To enable firewall again then open Command Prompt (Admin) and type a command
netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on
- Then press Enter.
Allow the firewall on your computer, if you find that the firewall software caused that of network connection issue. Then there is some problem on your operating system.
Use network reset option to reinstall network driver
- At first, press Windows button and then go to Settings. Alternatively, you could press Win + I.
- Find the Network & Internet option. On your right-hand side, you should find Network reset option.
- You can see on the networks reset screen, Reset now select that and select Yes to confirm.
Now, wait for you restart your PC and see if that fix your networking issues.
Till now if you cannot get rid of this problem then it must be your hardware problem corrupted either your Ethernet cable Cat 5e/Cat6 or RJ45 port or some other machinery fault. We cannot provide any hardware problem solution. To get return assistance for your computer hardware issue, Intel Support helps you 24×7.Hope these above solutions will help you to fix the error on network problem local area connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.