Best Document Editor Apps for Android and iOS
Android and iOS both are equally awesome platforms for mobiles. They are popular because you can do almost anything on those platforms. From creating a presentation to editing document, this is possible to do everything on Android as well as iOS. Being said that, if you want to create or edit a document on your mobile running Android or iOS, you can simply use these free apps those are readily available in the corresponding app stores aka Google Play Store and Apple Store for iOS.
Best Document Editor Apps for Android and iOS
1] Google Docs
As the name suggests, this app is developed by Google, the web giant and therefore, you can imagine how good it is. It doesn’t matter whether you want create a new document or edit an existing one, everything can be done with the help of Google Docs. You can change the font, manage font size, use various styles like bold, italic and so on in this app. Talking about the user interface, you can find it neat and clean and therefore you should not find any issue while using it for the first time. One of the best features is you can edit a document and share the link with anyone. On the other hand, this is possible to create PDF out of documents. Regarding the compatibility, you can download Google Docs for Android 2.3.3 or later version and iOS 10.0 or later version. In fact, if you are using stock Android, there is a high chance that you already have it in your mobile.
2] Microsoft Word
When you think about docs file, only one thing comes into your mind and that is Microsoft Word or MS Word. Microsoft Word is one of the best tools in this category and you can do almost everything that a Google Docs user can do with that app. This is very easy to edit a document, create one from scratch and so on. Undoubtedly, the user interface is pretty good, neat and clean, which should not create any problem whatsoever. You can do basic editing like font selection, font size selection, image insertion and more others. Sharing a document via Microsoft Word is quite easy and straightforward and it should not take more than thirty seconds to get things done. Regarding the availability, you can download Microsoft Word for iOS 10.0 or later version and Android 2.3.3 or later version. However, not all the things in Microsoft Word is free and therefore, you will have some in-app purchases.
3] WPS Office
There is no doubt that Microsoft Word and Google Docs are two of the best apps to edit documents. However, if you do not like them, you can always opt for another option called WPS Office, which comes with almost all the options of Google Docs and Microsoft Word for iOS and Android. The main point is the user interface, which is quite elegant and you should not get any problem when you are using for the first time. Some of the features or options of this app are as follows:
- Convert all office docs ( word, text, excel, PowerPoint,doc ) to PDFs
- Scan paper docs to PDFs/images using mobile camera
- Support PDFs viewing, Add bookmarks and Annotations Viewing
- Support PDF Signature, PDF Extract/Split, PDF Merge, PDF to Word
- Integrate with Memo, Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation and PDF
- Fully compatibility with Microsoft Office( Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Txt), Google Docs, Sheets, Slide, Adobe PDF and OpenOffice.
- Automatically save office documents to the clouds: Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Evernote and OneDrive. Keep your all documents always up-to-date via cloud service.
- Easily access and edit office documents directly from any devices
- File Formats: doc, docx, wpt,dotm,docm, dot, dotx / xls, xlsx, xlt, xltx, csv, xml , et, ett / PDF / ppt, pot, dps, dpt, pptx, potx, ppsx / txt / log, lrc, c, cpp, h, asm, s, java, asp, bat, bas, prg, cmd, Zip
Talking about the availability, you can download WPS Office for Android 4.0 or later version and iOS 10.0 or later version. Alongside the free version, there are some paid subscriptions as well. You can purchase WPS VIP membership for a month, you need to spend Rs. 299 and so on.
4] Polaris Office
Polaris Office is quite similar to WPS Office and hence, if you are switching from that app to this document editor for Android or iOS, you might not find a huge difference at all. However, there is one difference and that is related to saving process. In WPS Office, you can save in Google Drive, Dropbox and so on. On the other hand, Polaris Office users can save their files in Polaris cloud. As it comes with PDF compatibility, you will not have to download another app to manage your PDF files. Regarding the compatible file extensions, you will find DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, TXT, HWP, ODT and PDF. If you thinking about other features, you will get these:
- Open all file formats such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Spreadsheet, Microsoft PowerPoint, Slide, and Google Docs.
- View PDFs right from your Android phone and save as PDF files from other type of documents.
- Directly, take pictures from camera to documents or insert video clips from your Android phone.
- Draw and edit your idea with your own hands. Let you write on screen as though you were writing on actual paper.
- Writing notes directly with your hands then sharing your idea easily.
Polaris Office is available for Android 4.1 or later version and iOS 8.0 or later version.
These are some of the best apps you can use to edit a document on your mobile. All these apps are compatible with PDF files. Considering everything, if you want to get an all-in-one solution, you can use either Google Docs or Microsoft Word.